What is a Core Charge?
A “Core Charge” is similar to the deposit you might pay for a can or bottle of soda. In many states, to promote recycling, you are charged a deposit when you purchase a can of soda and you receive your deposit back when you return the empty can. Many automotive parts have a Core Charge, or Core Price, that works the same way as a soda can deposit.
Here’s how the Core Charge works:
- The part you are purchasing contains a component that is recyclable
- The Core Charge deposit is charged at the time of purchase
- When the recyclable component from your old part is returned to us, the charge is refunded to you
To receive your Core Charge refund, you can do either of the following:
- Bring the part to any RevMax Parts store along with your receipt or packing slip
- Mail the part back to RevMax Auto Parts following the directions on your packing slip
- Please see our Returns policy for more information on returning a core item.
Core Charges are often mandated by state legislature, and, as such, the actual core charge and taxes on the charge may vary depending on the state in which you buy your part.