Ford TorqShift 6, Rebuilt 6R140 6.7L Scorpion 2011-2017 Signature Series Transmission
Revmax is proud to announce the availability of Ford 6R140 complete transmissions. These transmissions are upgraded with increased clutch capacity, improved clutch plate material, phosphate steels and ZeroFlex technology. Our transmission is unique to Revmax and cannot be purchased at any of the other copycat builders.
The 6R140 is the most robust stock transmission ever put into a passenger truck. However due to cost restraints, Ford elected to use a cheap molded piston to apply and balance the overdrive clutches. The OE piston design only applies a miniscule surface area onto the steel plate. Over time and with hear cycling, this causes the steel and clutch plates to adapt a “cone” memory. This coning causes two further issues. First, clutch pack clearance is reduced which causes drag. This drag then causes the pack to fail as it is being partially applied even when it should not be. Secondly, the coning does not allow the full contact face of the clutch to apply and this causes reduced torque capacity and again rapid failure.
Revmax’s patent pending ZeroFlex technology completely solves the coning and inadequate apply issues by the use of our billet apply piston, balance piston and custom spring assembly. Our apply piston allows the overdrive clutch to apply to 100% of the clutch face surface area. Utilizing this billet piston along with our proprietary billet intermediate shaft, we can also increase clutch capacity past that of ANY of our competition without using thinner steel plates or frictions. We can build this unit with up to 11 frictions in the OD clutch, a whopping 44% increase in clutch surface area. By doing this, you now have increased torque capacity and coning is no longer an issue.
This transmission has no equal on the market. It is rated at up to 1000HP. Revmax was the first to engineer and design the high performance clutch material used in all 6R140 performance transmissions. These clutches are designed by Revmax and manufactured by Alto and Raybestos.
Included in this package is the Revmax Stage 5, Quad Disc Billet Torque Converter. This converter has been tested to over 1000HP and has performed flawlessly. It delivers crisp lockup clutch apply and unlike some of our competition still retains the needed damper to cushion lockup apply and reduce strain on the input shaft.
Upgraded Internal Components
- RevMax Stage 5 Billet 4 Clutch Torque converter
- 9, 10 or 11 Revmax G3 Clutches and Phosphate Steels in Overdrive Clutch w\ Revmax Patent Pending ZeroFlex technology billet apply and balance piston assembly(factory has 7 and 7). 10 or 11 clutch builds require upgrading to a billet intermediate shaft.
- 6 Revmax G3 Clutches and 6 Phosphate Steels in Intermediate Clutch (factory has 5 and 5)
- 6 Revmax G3 Clutches and 6 Phosphate Steels in Direct Clutch (factory has 5 and 5)
- High Energy Forward Clutches
- High Enery Low Reverse Clutches
- Revmax Exclusive Custom Valve Body with 50% more line pressure. Increases holding power and improves shift quality
- Revmax High Performance Insignia Control Pump